Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Being the Husband of a Fashionista

My husband, Brett is such a sweetie. He lets his OCD, Fashionista wife do her thing. Yesterday as we were in the closet picking out outfits, I realized its not easy being the husband of an OCD Fashionista! Here's how our closet conversation went..

Him- "Babe does this shirt look ok with these shorts?"
Me- "Mmmm I really think that shade of gray is a shade too dark for those shorts!"
Him- "Ok what about this one?
Me- "Mmm that pattern is too busy for those shorts"
Him-  "Ok..what about THESE shorts then?"
Me- "Mmm well now those shorts don't really go with your Sperrys."
Him-" Ok well here is this shirt..like it?
Me-"NOOOO WAYYYY"
Him- "Yah I didn't really like it either" Silence..Silence..Silence
Him- "Babe I think I found the shirt that goes with these shorts!!!!!"
Me- "Oh yah thats perfect the blues match and the shorts go perf with the Sperrys."
Him- (breathes huge sigh of relief)
Me- "I'm Sorry, Do I wear you out?"


I have to say my Husband stays very, very patient with me. My OCD Fashionista tendencies focus on shades of color and pattern mixing, and I have to remember that guys dress for comfort. PERIOD. They don't care that blues don't match up... they don't care if their shorts don't flow with their Sperrys and they don't care if they are dressy on top and casual on the bottom!

I may or may not have taken him to Express and put together outfits and bought them to where I don't have to be involved as much, and I don't wear him out when we are picking outfits out in the morning!


See.. Doesn't he look so cute here??


No comments:

Post a Comment