Monday, August 6, 2012

Happy Monday!

Hello! Hope everyone had a wonderful Monday, I know I did! First off, I got to meet my classroom kiddos today and I fell in love with each one of them! They are so sweet and I can't wait to watch them grow and learn this year! Here is my Monday fashiondiaries:




A simple cardi, LOVE tee, and coral flats! I try to be practical in my outfits for the fact that I am chasing kids around outside at recess, on the floor, helping my kids to be independent at the lunch table (which totally messes with my OCD when I see half the food on their forehead and the other half on the floor..I know it will get better though!) Sometimes I just want to throw on a skirt or dress or wedges and I take a risk for one day! If you follow me on IG, you know the story behind this picture as to why I am  in the grass with my Sophie girl. (@kml88)


Also, last night I posted this picture on IG, and I can tell it was a tease for a few of you! I posted this picture, took a shower, went to bed..so thats why I didn't post the recipe right away! As I told a few of you on Instagram I modified a recipe that I found on pinterest...First off, I will give you the original recipe, then I will post how I modified it. I converted the sugar measurement to Truvia measurement since I drink sweet tea so much, I didn't want to pump myself full of "real" sugar!

Original Recipe:

Ingredients -
5 - 8  Family size Tea Bags. (or 12 regular Tea Bags) 
                    ( I prefer  #1 Luzianne or  #2 Liptons Brand Teas.)
1 Quart  (4 Cups) - Boiling Water
3 Quarts (12 cups) - Cool Water
1 1/2 - 2 (one & a half) - Cups Sugar. 
1/4 teaspoon - Baking Soda (this IS the SECRET Ingredient!!)


Directions - 
1.  Sprinkle baking soda into a pitcher (I use a gallon-size Mason Jar but many people have voiced concerns about pouring boiling water into a glass container, so use whatever container you'd like)
      Add Tea bags to the pitcher/baking soda,  
      Pour Boiling water over tea bags, 
      Cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
(cravingcomfort.blogspot.com)


Kyleigh's Modified Recipe:


6 tea bags (luzianne)
4C boiling water
10 C cool water
1/2- 3/4 C Truvia (3/4 if you want it more sweet) I added the sugar to the boiling water which eliminates any sugar crystals gathering at the bottom of the pitcher!
1/4 t baking soda

Follow the rest of the recipe as is!








No comments:

Post a Comment