Friday, April 20, 2012

Flimsy Nails?





Today's DIY features GARLIC! Yep, you read that right. According to Woman's Day magazine garlic can help strengthen nails. Through their research they found that women in the Dominican Republic have strong, long and beautiful nails. Their secret? They mince garlic and add it to the bottle of their clear coat. They let it sit for 7-10 days before they use it. Don't worry the smell DOES go away. Garlic is a natural antibiotic for the body and has many strengthening properties. I have a compromised immune system and have my whole life. My doctor told me to take a garlic pill each day and eat garlic on any foods that I possibly can. I have noticed a difference in not getting sick as much as I used to (even while working with sick and germy preschoolers)! Garlic is also good for heart health! Anyway, I have my garlic stewing in my clear coat, so we shall see.


Also, I am including my Friday outfit since I have had questions about it on Instagram! 


Alright here is the breakdown:

Gingham shirt: Target
Pink Cardi: J.Crew
Belt: Forever 21
Boots: Macy Bean
Necklace: I have had since High School and CANNOT remember where from..(Sorry Ladies)
Bracelets: American Eagle

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Let me know if you are up to trying the garlic in your clear coat!!!!!

XXO~K





2 comments:

  1. I am trying the garlic in clear coat. I can't keep nails, or seem to grow them. My cuticles are just as impossible. Adore your outfit! Im going to find that belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope you are able to tell a difference!!!!

      Delete