Friday, March 30, 2012

Do It Yourself Friday!

Hey everyone, hope you have had an amazing week! Like many of you know, every Friday I do a DIY recipe that I have tried and liked! Today I will be giving you the recipe for at home pore strips. Let me tell ya..THEY WORK! Before I give you the recipe, I first have to tell you a funny story that goes along with it.

It was my friend's bachelorette party and I was in charge. I decided to go with an at home spa theme and fix up different things for the girls to try. On the list were these pore strips. We all washed and prepped our face, then lightly smeared the mixture all over. During the 15 minute wait we all started to panic. We couldn't move our faces, we couldn't smile, anytime we tried to make a facial expression we all screeched in pain! We then started the peeling process which took well over an hour and reshaped some of our eyebrows in shapes we didn't necessarily want.  It was hilarious and scary all at the same time (remember it was the night before our friend's wedding!) Finally we helped each other peel everything off and we all had glowing, clean skin. It also removed the hair from our upper lip, so this could be used for that as well!

MORAL OF THE STORY:

Do not smear all over face (we were aiming to shrink every pore on our face...not.a.good.idea)

Use the mixture just for your nose and GLOB it on. You want it to be pretty thick so it will peel off easier..I just tried it again today and had no problem peeling it off!

DO NOT AND I REPEAT.. DO NOT GET THIS ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR EYEBROWS!


You have been warned..now enjoy!!

Pore Strips

1TB Gelatin

1 1/2- 2 Tablespoons of Milk (I used regular ole Milk)

Microwave 10 seconds


Apply immediately



Let dry 15 minutes and peel off

Follow up with your lemon toner and voila...at home face care!!!


Let me know who tried this WITH pictures sent to classyclosetconfessions@gmail.com and you may just get a fun little gift sent to you!!

XXO,

K


No comments:

Post a Comment